Fees and Services
We appreciate that when you are planning a new project it can be difficult to know where to begin. An initial consultation is offered to all potential clients, free of charge. At this first meeting we will endeavour to give you an indication regarding the feasibility of the project in both planning and building terms. We may also suggest alternative ways of meeting your requirements.
After the meeting we will write to you with our fee quotation. This will usually be calculated using our assessment of the amount of time and resources required to undertake your project in the correct, professional manner. Historically, architects have calculated fees as a percentage of final construction cost, but we will only utilise this method in exceptional circumstances.
Our fees are always fixed and agreed in advance. We will never charge you for anything without your agreement. The timing of stage payments will made clear at the outset.
For clarity and the protection of all parties we ask that our engagement be formalised using the appropriate form of standard agreement published by the RIBA for the purpose.
Services we provide
project briefing and procurement advice
guidance regarding energy conservation and sustainable building
- planning, listed building and building regulations applications
- preparation of detailed design drawings and project specifications
- tendering and project planning
- contract administration
- architect’s inspections and certification
- measured building surveys
- historic building surveys
- schedules of dilapidations
- interior design
- adaptations for people with disabilities
- computer modelling and 3-D visualisation
Find a copy of our Standard Terms and Conditions of Engagement here