The project brief is a vital component of any proposal. The brief defines the required outcome of a project. A clear set of requirements will help to shape a design and ensure that the client is pleased with the end result.
The following are some useful questions to ask when writing a brief :
- What do you want the project to achieve?
- What is your budget?
- What are your architectural likes and dislikes?
- How do you want the building/extension/room to function?
- What are your spatial requirements?
- Have you any time constraints?
A clear and simple written brief can shape a project and establish concise perimeters for a design. It helps to focus on the requirements of a project and sets these against budget and time constraints.